1. Question: How do I see my counselor?

Answer: A student may come in before school, at lunch, or after school to see his/her counselor, or can make an appointment with the counseling secretary before or after school.

2. Question: Where do I get scholarship information?

Answer: Scholarship information is available in the Career Center, the internship coordinator, the Career Center newsletter, the school website and in the daily bulletin.

3. Question: In how many classes do I need to be enrolled?

Answer: All students must take at least six classes. Seniors, providing they have enough credit to graduate may take five classes each semester. This can be a combination of on site classes, work experience, adult education, ROP classes and approved off campus classes.

4. Question: How do I make up credits if I am credit deficient as a junior or senior?

Answer: Independent Study. This program reserved for 11th/12th grade students that have a full schedule. Students are only allowed a maximum of 15 credits per year. This program is limited in its offering and is conducted with a teacher on site.

A+ This is a computerized Independent Study program on site which offers non college preparatory credit recovery in all core areas as well as a few elective courses. A maximum of 30 credits can be obtained over a students 11th and 12th grade years.

Transferable course work taken at a Community College.

Completion of Adult Education course work.

All of the above options require a meeting with the counselor and or parent or both. Placement is based on the student meeting the requirements of the specific program and space availability.

5. Question: How do I get a transcript sent to a college?

Answer: Request this service from the recorder who is located in the counseling office.

6. Question: My insurance company offers a "good student discount" if I can verify that I have a "B" average. How do I do this?

Answer: See the recorder to receive an official transcript or your counselor for an unofficial copy.

7. Question: What is Work Experience?

Answer: Work Experience is a program reserved for juniors and seniors, whereby a student can earn vocational education credits by holding an outside job and attending class on campus on a weekly basis.

8. Question: Does Eisenhower provide tutors for students?

Answer: See your teachers for their individual tutoring times either before or after school. Also speak with your counselor and see if any on site tutoring programs are currently being run. The availability of these extra tutoring programs will vary.

9. Question: How can I get my report card or graduate if I owe money to the school?

Answer: Cash only must be paid to the school Budget Clerk.

10. Question: May I walk with my class at graduation if I'm a few credits short or have not passed the California High School Exit Exam?

Answer: No.

11. Question: Who should take the SAT and ACT?

Answer: Juniors who plan to attend four year colleges are encouraged to take the SAT or ACT early in their junior year. Students who plan to attend a University of California school must take the SAT II's. We encourage students to take them by the spring of their junior year but no later than October of their senior year.

12. Question: Who should take the PSAT?

Answers: Juniors who plan to attend four year colleges are urged to take the PSAT. PSAT/NMSQT stands for Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the SAT I. Taking the test also allows colleges and universities to identify students early for various scholarship qualifying programs. This test is only offered once a year in October.

13. Question: How often are Progress Reports issued?

Answer: Within each semester, those students who are earning a D or F receive a report at about 4 1/2 weeks and about 13 1/2 weeks. Students who do not owe charges will receive a progress report at the quarter which is the quarter report card.

14. Question: What is a FAFSA and do I need one?

Answer: FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. If you are a senior and you plan to continue your education after high school, you should file a FAFSA application in order to receive a Cal Grant. (Normal deadline for filing is March 2.)
You may also apply online at

15. Question: For Financial Aid, how do I receive a GPA Verification Form?

Answer: The Rialto Unified School District is now sending the information for GPA Verification electronically to the California Student Aid Commission. If a senior has a valid social security number in the computer, the GPA will automatically be sent unless the parent/guardian returns a form requesting that the information be kept confidential. Parents of seniors will be mailed this information in the fall. Students may check their social security number with their counselor or with the registrar.

16. Question: How do I qualify for a fee waiver for the ACT, SAT I, OR SAT II?

Answer: See the Career Center Technician for the application. The eligibility is based on family income. The completed form must be submitted to the counselor at least one week prior to the mailing date.

17. Question: I need a Letter of Recommendation; how do I get one?

Answer: Submit your own resume or fill out a resume form which can be obtained from your counselor who needs at least two weeks to get the letter written.

18. Question: If I have completed my 40 credits of English, do I still have to be placed in an English class?

Answer: Yes: All students, regardless of English credits completed, must be enrolled in an English class for the entire school year.

19. Question: How can I get more information about career options?

Answer: Our Career Center is opened before school, at lunch and after school for students to come in and take interest inventories at no cost that will help to guide you in your decision making process. Also the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) is offered each year on site. This exam will also provide you with needed information in terms of career development and it does not sign you up for the armed forces. It is used to assist you in your career development.

See Your Counselor Several Times a Year

Return to Course Catalog Table of Contents