History of RUSD

rusd120



On Saturday, April 9, 2011, the Rialto Unified School District celebrated its 120th Birthday.

In 1888 the Rialto School District’s “first” schoolhouse was built on the corner of Second and Palm Street in Rialto. It was actually on April 9, 1891 that the Rialto School District was formed out of the Brooke District. The “Unified” part will later be incorporated. 

Mr. George W. Beattie was the County Superintendent of Schools in 1891. The first members of the Rialto School Board includedJ.W. CraigM.V. Sweesy, and M.E. Foulke. Between 1889 and 1901 there were only two teachers in the District. For many years, Mrs. Emma Hodge was the primary teacher, and Mr. Morgan Hodge was the Principal, but he also taught grades fourth through eighth. 

With the assistance of Jean Randall (who provided all vintage photos), the Town Historian, John Adams, RUSD Ground Supervisor Brian Montezplease click on the historical timeline celebrating the history of our RUSD.



sch_name
School's Namesakes (.pdf) 


 
 

Calendar of Events

see larger calendar

Mission, Vision & Values

mission_statement
vision_statement
values_statement
high school sports schedules
rialto high sports
carter sports
eisenhower sports
district bridge newsletter